Sunday 8 March 2015

Monday Rhapsody of Realities - Train Your Spirit To Recognize His Voice

Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place. And the Lord came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth (1 Samuel 3:9-10).
Our opening scripture tells us about the boy, Samuel, who, on three different occasions, was called by God, but he ran to Eli the priest, and said, "You called me, Sir." And Eli said, "I didn't call you." Now, understand that this young man, Samuel, was no fool; if the voice he heard didn't sound like Eli's, he wouldn't have gone to Eli three times consecutively. This still happens with many of God's children today. God's voice sometimes would sound to them like a familiar voice. You'd have to be a man or a woman of the Spirit to recognize that voice when it comes to you. This is where fellowship with the Holy Spirit through the Word and speaking in other tongues, play a key role. I often feel sorry for those who think that praying or speaking in tongues is not for today, or that it's unnecessary; no; it's for every Christian today. The more you speak in tongues, the more your spirit is conditioned and tuned to hear God. Those who don't speak in tongues find it difficult to know when the Lord is talking to them; they don't recognize His voice. However, the more you train and exercise your spirit through speaking in tongues, the clearer and louder the voice of God will be in your heart. In addition, you must learn to respond to God's Word the right way, and promptly too!

PRAYER: Dear Lord, thank you for the illumination I receive from your Word. My spirit is attuned to you; your voice guides and directs me in all affairs of life. I'm conditioned rightly to know your perfect will and walk therein! My steps are ordered of you, because your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
Further Study: John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: ;
John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 14:1-26, Numbers 24-26
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 21:18-32, Exodus 18


No comments:

Post a Comment