Friday 6 March 2015

Friday Rhapsody Of Realities - Set Your Love On Him

           
Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name (Psalm 91:14).

Our opening verse unveils God’s prophetic utterance and the Psalmist’s inspired words. He begins by sharing his testimony of God, from his perspective, and then the Spirit of God takes over, and brings this prophetic utterance from the lips of the Father. When you read the preceding verses, you’ll notice that the Psalmist was the one speaking from his own inspired communication and personal testimony of God. But suddenly, there’s a change, a transition into the prophetic utterance; God began to speak and He said, “Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. ” Isn’t this inspiring? He’s talking about God’s protection. The question is, “Have you set your love upon Him?”
If you set your love upon the Lord, the result is: He’ll deliver you, and set you on high. That means you’re forever set up for greatness and limitless possibilities in life. All you need is to set your love upon Him. This is something you’ve got to do, and then claim the result for yourself. You say, “Because I’ve set my love upon Him, therefore has He delivered me, and set me on high, because I’ve known His name!” Make this your confession.
In the fifteenth verse, we find God still talking; He says, “He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.” Why? He says, “Because he hath set his love upon me.” For the one who has set his love upon the Lord, God doesn’t only deliver him, He also honours him. If you already have your hands up in praise to Him, read the sixteenth verse and you’ll dance for joy. It says, “With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation” (Psalm 91:16). These and more are the blessings you’d experience when you set your love on the Lord; when you channel your emotions towards Him and make Him the personality of your deepest affection.

PRAYER: Dear Father, I thank you for keeping me in permanent safety, and for the life of greatness you’ve brought me into! You’re my strength, my glory, and my salvation, and I love you with all my heart! Thank you, for your infinite kindness, grace and mercy that I experience today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: Psalm 84:11 GNB The Lord is our protector and glorious king, blessing us with kindness and honour. He does not refuse any good thing to those who do what is right. (Psalms 84:11 GNB)
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
(GNB) You, Lord, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you.
Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Mark 11:27-33-12:1-17 Numbers 18-19
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Matthew 20:24-34 Exodus 15

No comments:

Post a Comment