Saturday 8 November 2014

What It Means To Love The Brethren


If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. 1 John 4:20-21. Continue...


THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Love is therapeutic and curative; it authenticates Christianity.
If a man says, ‘I love God,’ and cannot talk to his Christian brother in Church, he is a liar. If a woman says, ‘I love God,’ and refuses to greet her Christian sister in Church because they struggled over a sitting position, she is a liar. No liar will enter Heaven. Can you imagine missing Heaven after several years of going to Church and praying in tongues simply because you hated your brother?

Can you love me and hate my children and I will have any dealing with you? No! You can’t love a man and hate his wife or children. That is hypocrisy.  In the same manner, to love God is to love His children. When you love God with passion, you are excited whenever you see His children. I have never had sleepless nights praying for myself but I have had sleepless nights praying for people. Why? Passion for God is transferred to His children.

Beloved, love is therapeutic and curative; it authenticates Christianity. I made a decision that the devil can never use anybody to usher me into bitterness. I made that decision because I am too interested in my eternal destiny for anybody to usher me into hell. If the devil can’t do anything to you, he will send people to offend you into hell. So, whenever people offend me, I will say, ‘satan, I recognise you, I can see you inside this person.’ Sometimes, I will leave the person alone and deal with the devil. Beloved, let us begin to practice these things and confirm to God that we are not hypocrites.

Remember this: love is therapeutic and curative; it authenticates Christianity.

ASSIGNMENT (S)
  1. Endeavour to forgive ahead of offence where possible.
  2. Continually ask for grace to forgive.

PRAYER: Lord, I refuse to be a hypocrite. Help me to love people the way You love them, in Jesus’ Name.

QUOTE: If I hold a person in my heart, I am not just holding the person, I am holding myself. Culled from THOU ART MY BATTLE AXE by Dr Paul Enenche.



Source: Seeds of Destiny, 08/11/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment