Tuesday 28 April 2015

Tuesday Rhapsody Of Realities - He Is The Resurrection!

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live (John 11:25).

The beautiful story of Lazarus’ death, and how Jesus raised him back to life remains evergreen and so inspiring. Prior to Lazarus’ demise, Jesus had said that he wasn’t going to die, but he died. When Jesus eventually got to Bethany, four days later, Martha came to Him and said, “...Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died” (John 11:21). A short while later, Mary came and said exactly the same thing. But then, Jesus said something so extraordinary! He said, “...I am the resurrection, and the life...” (John 11:25).
You’d have to be God to make such a claim; and blessed be God, Jesus is! He didn’t say, “I have the power of resurrection,” which would have been wonderful enough. Who are we dealing with here? Who’s this man? If they wondered that He walked on water, that’s nothing compared to this statement. He’s the resurrection, not the “resurrector.”
Let’s look at the picture briefly: here’s Mary and her sister, and they said, “Master, if you’d been here four days ago, our brother wouldn’t have died.” The Jews corroborated their statement, and some of them said, “This man who opened blind eyes, and made the lame walk, could have cured Lazarus if He had been here in time, couldn’t He?” (John 11:37). That’s all they thought about Him; a “healing Christ”; they knew Him as the healer; but Jesus blew their minds! He said, “I am the resurrection and the life.” This is authority!
Now, He’s given us His authority. He said in Luke 10:19, “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy...” ; including death, hell and the grave! So, if there’s someone you’ve been praying for, to be saved, and then the person dies and goes to hell, you say, “No way! We’re bringing you out of hell, in the Name of Jesus! Come back!” Jesus has authority in hell. If there’s been persistent troubles in your business or something that belongs to you, use your authority in the Name of Jesus to call it back to life.
Nothing is ever too late or too critical for you to “resurrect,” because you function in the authority of Jesus; you’re seated together with Him in the place of dominion, authority, and power! Walk in, and with His resurrection power today, and always.

CONFESSION: My life is characterized with the demonstration of Christ’s resurrected power! There’s life in my body! There’s life in my family! There’s life in my job! There’s life in my business and in every area of my life! I live triumphantly in, and by the power of His resurrection! Glory to God!
FURTHER STUDY: Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
Mark 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Luke 22:66-23:1-25 2 Samuel 1-3
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Mark 6:1-13 Numbers 1

No comments:

Post a Comment