Wednesday 11 February 2015

Wednesday Seeds Of Destiny - The Equation For Manifestation

                
Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Supplication plus appreciation equals manifestation.


In the body of Christ today, there are people who only remember to go to God in prayers when there is a problem but don’t remember to thank Him when the problem has been solved. Such people fail to realise that appreciation is critical to effective supplication. That is to say, supplication plus appreciation equals manifestation, and that supplication minus appreciation equals frustration (supplication + appreciation = manifestation) and (supplication – appreciation = frustration).

Manifestation refers to answered prayers, Divine intervention, provision, etc. That is, if you know how to pray, you must also know how to give thanks because there is a vital connection between effective prayer and thanksgiving. What then do we thank God for?
First, we thank God for what He is going to do, that is what He is yet to do that you are convinced from the Scripture that He will do. You have such a strong conviction because the Holy Spirit bears you witness that God will do it. And because you also see Him do it in the lives of others, you are moved to thank Him ahead of time. In John 11:41–42, at the tomb of Lazarus, the Bible says that when they took away the stone from the place where he (Lazarus) lay, Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, ‘Father, I thank you for thou has heard me.’ In other words, Jesus seemed to have implied here by His action of thanksgiving, ‘I am too sure that this dead man will rise; so for that purpose I thank You.’

When you thank God in expectation, it is like saying to God, ‘I am too sure that no devil can stop me from getting married, so I thank You Lord, for my husband who is on the way. I am too sure that no devil can stop me from getting pregnant, so I thank You for my children that are already coming. I am too sure that my healing is guaranteed, therefore, I thank You Lord.’ This kind of appreciation is predicated on revelation. I pray that God will give you the attitude for appreciation for the manifestation of your expectation in Jesus’ Name.

ASSIGNMENT(S):
1. Endeavour to always pray with thanksgiving on a daily basis.

PRAYER: Lord, I thank You for all You have done for me, what You are about to do now and in the future, in the mighty Name of Jesus.

DAILY READING: Exodus 32:1–33:23; Matthew 26:69–27:14; Psalms 33:1–11; Proverbs 8:33–36

QUOTE: Let appreciation well up inside you all the time. That you are alive is a miracle. Culled from 21 FOOLISH THINGS PEOPLE DO by Dr Paul Enenche.

No comments:

Post a Comment