Wednesday 10 December 2014

Character Guarantees Stability


And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever. Ps. 41:12.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: A person without character stands on slippery grounds.  

Character guarantees stability. A man or woman of character is a stable person. Psalm 26:1 says, ‘Judge me, O Lord; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the Lord; therefore I shall not slide.’ Continue...


The psalmist seemed to have said in the above Scripture, ‘I trusted also in the Lord, and for that purpose I am not permitted to slip, trip or fall.’

Character establishes a person on solid ground in life. A person of character is standing on solid ground. A person without character stands on slippery ground. This means that nothing about the life of a person without character is guaranteed; there’s no guarantee that where he is today is where he would be tomorrow. Samson was up at one time, but later he was nowhere to be found because lack of character ‘tripped’ him. It is only integrity that takes a person up and keeps him there. Psalm 41:12 says, ‘And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever.'

‘You uphold me’ means, ‘You hold me up; there is nothing that can trip my feet. Witches and wizards came against me, but you held me up.’ In times of downsizing, right sizing, or whatever ‘sizing’ they are doing, in times of recession, inflation, depression, stagnation, starvation, frustration, in the midst of everything, your character and integrity will hold you up. My counsel for you today is, never envy a man without character or desire his position because it is not confirmed. It doesn’t matter who he is and where he is today, his tomorrow is not guaranteed.

ASSIGNMENT (S):
  1. Live with the consciousness that without God you can’t build a positive character.
  2. Read 1 Corinthians 10:12.
PRAYER: Lord, open my eyes to see the areas of character that I need to adjust in order to be stable in life, in Jesus’ Name.

QUOTE:  It does not matter how much a person has risen or is seen to be rising; it is character that will keep him up there.  Culled from WHO ARE YOU? by Dr Paul Enenche.



Source: Seeds of Destiny, 11/12/2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment