Wednesday 22 June 2016

Wednesday Rhapsody Of Realities - Grace And Peace In Increasing Measure

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord (2 Peter 1:2).
From the verse of scripture above, we can understand that the way to have grace and peace multiplied in your life is through the knowledge (Greek: epignosis) of God, and of Jesus, our Lord. Someone may lament, "Please pray for me; my life is in a mess. I don't have peace at home; I don't have peace where I work. There's no peace in my heart; I really need prayers."
You may pray for such a person, but it might not work, because the Word is clear as to how to enjoy greater peace in your life: It's through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus, our Lord. God wants you to know, and live by His Word, because the more you know Him, the more grace and peace you stand to enjoy in your life.
Moreover, "peace" here, isn't just referring to ordinary peace of being quiet or mere solitude. The Greek word for peace is "eirene," which is akin to the Hebrew, "shalom," which means peace with rest and prosperityput together. In other words, through the knowledge of God, you're at home with prosperity! Everything about your life works out right. You're not fretful and agitated over anything! Irrespective of what happens, you're unperturbed, you're in charge, and in control.
As you learn more about Jesus and meditate on His Word; as you learn about the Father through fellowship, more revelations will come to you. The knowledge of His Word makes us masters, causing your life to be filled with immeasurable grace and peace.
Notice the Bible doesn't say, "Grace and peace shall be added unto you," but that they'll be "multiplied unto you." In your life, it's possible to keep heaping up grace and peace in increasing measure. John 1:16 says of His fullness have we all received, grace heaped upon grace. So, enjoy grace and peace in your life, by increasing your knowledge of Him. Praise God!

Confession: Dear Father, I thank you for the guidance and wisdom received in your Word. As I open my spirit to your Word today, grace and peace are multiplied in my life; my heart is garrisoned with divine wisdom, and fortified to prevail over circumstances. I transcend every pressure, and anxiety, because I have peace with prosperity, in Jesus' Name.

FURTHER STUDY: 2 Peter 3:18 - But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
Acts 20:32 - And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
Isaiah 26:3 - Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Acts 10:1-23, Ezra 4-6
2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 2 Corinthians 7:9-16, Isaiah 9

No comments:

Post a Comment