Sunday 5 June 2016

Sunday Rhapsody Of Realities - Follow The Word

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed (John 8:31).
Someone may say, “I’m following Jesus Christ.” But really, how do you follow Jesus? You follow Him in the Word, through the Word, and by the Word. The proof that you’re following Him is in doing His Word; living by the Word. He said, “If you love me, keep my words” (John 14:15). Jesus and the Word are one. Therefore, to love Him is to be quick to do the Word at all times.
There’re people who say, “I’ll do whatever God tells me to do, if I hear His voice.” What such people don’t realize is that God already said all He needed to say to His children, through the written Word—the Bible. If you want to hear His voice today, study the Word. That’s the voice of the Father, the voice of Jesus, and the voice of the Holy Spirit.
If you don’t act upon, or live by the written Word, even if God spoke to you from heaven, it won’t make much difference; you still won’t act. Everything He says is always consistent with the written Word, the Bible. The Bible is a compendium of His out-breathings given to us to live by: “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16).
Live by the Word, and you’ll never lose your way, because the Word of God is light. The Word gives you a way of life, and the right mentality. Live a purposeful and focused life through the Word. Don’t live by your imaginations, observations, assumptions or worldly wisdom; follow the Word, and you’ll be a true success.

PRAYER: Dear Father, your Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path! I don’t function with the wisdom of this world, for Christ is made unto me, wisdom. My heart is open to receive the instructions in your Word, propelling me in the direction of your will and purpose for my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: John 1:1-3 - In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him.
James 1:22-25 - But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.23 For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. 24 You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. 25 But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: John 19:17-42, 1 Chronicles 17-19
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Corinthians 15:40-49, Ecclesiastes 1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment