Saturday 11 June 2016

Saturday Rhapsody Of Realities - Jesus: The Outward Expression Of The Father

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature (Colossians 1:15).
The Lord Jesus is the visible, physical representation of God, the very image of God. He said in John 14:9, “...he that hath seen me hath seen the Father....” God is invisible; you can’t see Him with your optical eyes; so Jesus came as the outward expression of the invisible God. Colossians 2:9 says, “For in him (Jesus Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”
Jesus represented God to the whole world when He walked the earth. Whatever men required from God was embodied in Jesus. When you saw Jesus, you saw God. Colossians 1:16-17 tells us that “...by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.” Jesus holds all things together by the Word of His power.
God appointed Jesus to be the heir of all things, including His throne. In heaven, there’s a great white throne, and Jesus is the one sitting on that throne. Where then is the Father? He’s in Jesus! The Bible says it pleased the Father, that in Him (Jesus) should all fullness dwell (Colossians 1:19).
It gives us an understanding of what Jesus said in John 10:30; He said, “I and my Father are one.” When He said this, the Jews wanted to stone Him to death, because they said He made Himself equal with God: “The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God” (John 10:33).
They understood exactly what Jesus meant when He said, “I and my Father are one,” but they considered His words blasphemous because they didn’t know Him. Jesus is one with the Father; He’s the complete embodiment of Deity. He’s the expression of God’s glory, crowned with all honour and majesty. When you see Jesus, you won’t need to look for the Father and the Holy Spirit. Jesus is the perfect image and embodiment of the Godhead.

CONFESSION: I'm the embodiment of Christ, the effulgence of His glory and the express image of His person, because as Jesus is, so am I; I’m one with Him! In Him I live, and move and have my being. I manifest His righteousness, virtues, and perfections. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY: John 10:30-36 - The Father and I are one.” 31 Once again the people picked up stones to kill him. 32 Jesus said, “At my Father’s direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?” 33 They replied, “We’re stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God.” 34 Jesus replied, “It is written in your own Scriptures that God said to certain leaders of the people, ‘I say, you are gods!’ 35 And you know that the Scriptures cannot be altered. So if those people who received God’s message were called ‘gods,’ 36 why do you call it blasphemy when I say, ‘I am the Son of God’? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world.

John 14:6-10 - Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!” Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.” Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Acts 2:22-47, 2 Chronicles 8-11
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 2 Corinthians 2:1-7, Songs Of Solomon 1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment