Tuesday 1 December 2015

Tuesday Rhapsody Of Realities - Practise Your Love For Jesus!

If you [really] love Me, you will keep (obey) My commands (John 14:15 AMP).
Nothing matters as much to the Father as your love for Jesus. Everything in the universe is about Jesus. He’s the embodiment and fullest revelation of God’s love! He’s the crown-jewel of heaven, and the joy of the Father’s heart.

Therefore, you must love Jesus with all your heart, and keep fanning the embers of your love for Him. Let your love and commitment to Him be revealed in the way you talk, the things you do, and in the way you conduct your life! Love Him passionately! Love Him beyond talking and singing about Him. Make Him your eternal focus, for nothing else satisfies or will ever satisfy.
In our opening verse, Jesus didn’t say, “If you love me, sing to me,” or “If you love me, worship me”; neither did He say, “If you love me, pray to me.” He said, “If ye love me, keep my commandments.” The proof of your love for Him is your submission to His Word. The proof of your love for Him is in doing what He told you to do. Thus, in demonstrating your love for Jesus, you do His Word.
But the question is, “Do you know His Word?” You’d have to know His commandments to keep them, which is why you must study and meditate on the Scriptures continually. Colossians 3:16 says, “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.” This is a call to knowledge; the knowledge of His Word. Hosea 6:3 says, “Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord....”
This is why true, heartfelt fellowship with Him must be your lifestyle. Through that fellowship, the Holy Spirit will flood your heart with the revelation of Jesus—the Living Word—so you can know and keep His Word, and thus prove your love for Him.

PRAYER: Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the gift of your Son Jesus Christ, who died in my stead. He’s the personality of my deepest affection. He’s my eternal focus, the joy of my heart, my fulfilment and peace, and my everlasting delight! I testify today to the Lordship of Jesus, and the dominion of His Word over my life, which is for your glory! Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 John 2:15-3:10, Ezekiel 45-46
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: John 16:23-33, 2 Chronicles 3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment