Saturday 12 December 2015

Saturday Rhapsody Of Realities - The Lord Your Salvation!

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear... (Psalm 27:1).
David was a remarkable and extraordinary prophet of God, and he wrote the Psalm above. He said, “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...” (Psalm 27:1). This is different from “The Lord gives me light.” What David is saying here is, if the Lord is your salvation, that means you’re in salvation. In other words, no matter where you go, you’re already saved from every trouble.

For instance, the Bible says, “The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe” (Proverbs 18:10). So, if you’re in that tower, you’re safe; that’s what the Name of the Lord is. Which means, if you call the Name of the Lord, you’re in that tower; you’re in safety. Praise God! If the Lord is your salvation, you have nothing to fear. That means you’ll not need to call on Him to save you from trouble, because already, He’s your salvation. It was with this consciousness that David went to war, and prevailed in every battle.
David was never defeated in battle. When he was the king of Israel, the only battle Israel lost was the one he didn’t participate in; he never lost a battle. Why? The reason is that he understood the scripture above. Have the same consciousness. When you know the Lord as your Salvation, you lose your fears, because you’re in Him, and therefore in safety; nothing to be afraid of! Discover Him as your salvation; it’ll change your walk with God!

CONFESSION: The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? Christ in me is my protection. Therefore, none of my steps shall slide, and no weapon formed against me shall prosper. I fear nothing, and no one, because the Lord is my shield and buckler. I dwell in safety, because in Christ I live, and move, and have my being!

FURTHER STUDY: Psalm 27:1-3 The LORD ismy light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. 3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I beconfident.
Psalm 91:5-8 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; 6Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction thatwasteth at noonday. 7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. 8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Revelation 4, Hosea 11-14
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: John 19:38-42, 2 Chronicles 25

No comments:

Post a Comment