Monday 12 September 2016

Monday Rhapsody Of Realities - Finish Your Course With Joy

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24).
The Apostle Paul took personal responsibility for the Gospel. The Gospel, to him, was a sacred trust. He affirmed this when he said, “According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust” (1 Timothy 1:11). In 1 Corinthians 9:16, he affirmed, “For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!”
Again, in 1 Timothy 1:12, he declared, “…I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry.” Paul’s conviction about the Gospel was absolute. He knew that the Gospel was the power of God for the salvation of all men, and he preached it with fervency. Nothing, and no one, could keep him quiet. He encountered so much opposition in the course of preaching the Gospel, but he remained undeterred.
Even when the Holy Spirit expressly testified that he’d suffer severe afflictions and be imprisoned if he went to Jerusalem to preach (Acts 20:23), Paul remained resolute and focused. His response was: “…none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God” (Acts 20:24).
Paul was an activist for the Gospel; he’d preach it even if it cost him his life. He was determined to finish his course with joy. This should be your attitude. Never be moved by the problems and the difficulties that you might face in preaching the Gospel. God already knew you’d face those challenges; therefore, not one of such adversities can defeat you if you stand your ground and refuse to quit.
Always remember that God counted you faithful and committed the Gospel to your trust. He believes in you. So, like the Apostle Paul, let nothing stop you. Be determined to finish your course with joy.

PRAYER: Dear Father, I thank you for energizing me for the work of the Kingdom. I remain undaunted, unmovable, and always joyful for the work ahead. I take advantage of the Word and the blessings of the Spirit, through which I’m trained, strengthened and instructed for a continuous life of victory, success, promotion and greatness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Joshua 23:6 Be ye therefore very courageous to keep and to do all that is written in the book of the law of Moses, that ye turn not aside therefrom [to] the right hand or [to] the left;
Acts 18:9-11 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: 10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city. 11 And he continued [there] a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.


1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 11:16-33, Ecclesiastes 1-2
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 1:1-7, Jeremiah 30

No comments:

Post a Comment