Wednesday 16 March 2016

Rebecca Adlington: My Marriage Is Over

Swimming superstar Rebecca Adlington has separated from her husband after a year and a half of marriage.
The Olympic gold medalist, 27, has announced the end of her relationship with fellow swimmer Harry Needs, 24, after a series of rows.
But she went on to claim that she and Needs, who narrowly missed out on being selected for Team GB at London 2012, remain on 'amicable terms'.
The couple wed in Leek, Staffordshire, two years ago and have lived in Stockport with their daughter Summer, who was born in June, ever since.
Adlington once admitted that motherhood put a lot of strain on her marriage and that she and needs would argue regularly.
She said 'giving birth was harder than setting a world record' and added: 'Being a parent is bloody hard work and anyone who says it's easy is flat out lying.
'Harry and I have had plenty of arguments... We're knackered. A lot of mums have six or eight months off. 
'I had two months and had to go back to work. That's what you do when you're self-employed. 

'There have been plenty of times I've wanted to say, "I want a year off on maternity leave. I want to sit and be with my daughter and just have that time together". 

No comments:

Post a Comment