Wednesday 25 November 2015

Wednesday Rhapsody Of Realities - Don't Respond In Fear

And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm (Mark 4:37-39).

Some Christians find themselves in certain situations, and respond in fear. Even though they might pray and speak in tongues at such times, it’s usually out of fear. Such response can’t produce the desired result.
Once, the disciples of Jesus were in a precarious situation. They were on board a boat with the Master who slept off on a pillow at the rear of the boat. Then a great storm ensued. The disciples became apprehensive, terrified that the boat might capsize. They ran to Jesus and said, “...Master, carest thou not that we perish?” (Mark 4:38).
The Master didn’t panic. He didn’t say, “Oh, what a storm! let’s begin a prayer meeting!” Neither did He say, “Ah, this storm is too severe; you should have woken me up when it was just forming!” No, He was calm and unruffled. Then, in that state of absolute dominion, the Bible says He “…arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm” (Mark 4:39). Halleluiah! This was an expression of the quality of His Spirit. This was His mind-set; He couldn’t be afraid, in spite of the situation.
Philippians 2:5 says, “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.” In other words, be like-minded! Refuse to fear. When trouble strikes, refuse to fear; remember who you are, and speak as the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Don’t become frantic; respond with the Word. The Bible says, “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom…” (Colossians 3:16). Be full of the Word, and fear will have no place in your heart.

CONFESSION: For God hath not given me the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind! In the face of opposition, my faith is unwavering, because my confidence is in the Word! I prevail over circumstances, functioning from a position of rest and absolute dominion, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.
Ecclesiastes 8:4 Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?
Psalm 27:1-6 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. 3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. 4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple. 5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. 6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 4, Ezekiel 33-34
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 14:22-31, 1 Chronicles 25

No comments:

Post a Comment