Saturday 3 October 2015

Saturday Rhapsody Of Realities - You Represent A Spiritual Kingdom

And set your minds {and} keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth (Colossians 3:2 AMP).

Do you realize that the Christian ministry is a spiritual ministry? Indeed, it is! The Kingdom of God is a spiritual Kingdom. The Lord Jesus said, “...My Kingdom is not of this world...” (John 18:36), which means He actually does have a Kingdom, except that it’s not of this world. By virtue of the new birth, we’ve become citizens of that spiritual kingdom of God. This is the realm from which God expects you to function.
This world isn’t your permanent home; you’re here only as a pilgrim. According to the Bible, we’re only going to be in this world for a season because one day, the whole earth will be replaced with another one (Revelation 21:1). Therefore, you must set your focus on those things that truly matter, and not on the transient pleasures of this present world. Colossians 3:2-4 says, “Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.”
Until, and unless you come to that level in your life where Christ is your focus, you’ll be living an empty life. Let nothing else compete with your love for the Lord. Get to that point where your love for Jesus and attention on the expansion of His kingdom is all that matters to you.

PRAYER: Precious Father, I thank you for the privilege and honour of being a vital member of your spiritual Kingdom. Loving you and living for you is all that matters to me; and I declare my commitment to the expansion of the Kingdom, as I propagate the Gospel, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
FURTHER STUDY: Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Philippians 3:20 (GNB) We, however, are citizens of heaven, and we eagerly wait for our Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, to come from heaven.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Philippians 2:1-18, Isaiah 35-37
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: John 3:9-21, 1 Kings 8

No comments:

Post a Comment