Monday 19 October 2015

Monday Rhapsody Of Realities - Have A Strong Desire For Him

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the LORD…(Jeremiah 29:13-14).

Jesus said in Matthew 7:7, “…seek, and ye shall find....” As a child of God, you have to have a strong desire for Him. That’s what He’s talking about in our opening verse; He said, “And ye shall seek me, and find me….” Seeking God doesn’t mean He’s missing, or that you’re looking for Him somewhere; it refers to a strong desire God, for His presence; a strong desire to have fellowship with Him.
This is something that must be evident in your life as a Christian; a strong desire for the Lord, His Word, and His influence in your life. When you have it, you can easily influence those around you with it. So, cultivate it. It doesn’t come by itself. God’s part is to stir your mind towards it. But it’s your responsibility to maintain your zeal, love and passion for Him to a boiling point. He’ll always call your attention because He loves you and He wants to fellowship with you.
Even now, He’s calling your attention to a greater and higher walk with Him. That’s what He desires, and He knows you want the same thing. So, all you have to do is say “Yes” to Him, and act accordingly. That strong desire will make you an intercessor.
There’re Christians who say well, “The problem is that I’m very lazy to pray.” This has nothing to do with being strong or lazy to pray. It’s a matter of a burden. If you have something that troubles you, you’ll surely want to pray about it. When you really want something, and you know the situation is such that only God can fix, it’ll create a strong desire in your heart to seek Him.
However, you don’t have to wait until you’re in a fix. Be like David who, inspired by a strong desire for the Lord, declared “O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is” (Psalm 63:1).

PRAYER: As the deer pants after the water brooks, so pants my soul after you, O God. You’re my life, my joy, and my satisfaction! In you I’m complete! Thank you for your glory that fills my heart, and your love that overwhelms my soul! I live for you today, and always to do your will and bring you glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Colossians 4:2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
Psalm 63:8 My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 1:1-20, Jeremiah 5-6
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 6:41-51, 2 Kings 5

No comments:

Post a Comment