Tuesday 15 July 2014

Re - UK based Nigerian tackles church over marriage breakdown


I recently read the story reported by Punch newspaper which recounts Ayadi Moniaye's report of his marriage breakdown. If you missed the report, click here

Can I state that marriage is not meant for boys and girls but 2 adults, who are responsible for their choices, decisions and actions. Of course we know that what we listen to and watch can influence the way we think, behave and our character.

I have been a member of this Church since 2008. This is what I have to say. Continue...


I have been married for a few years, and God knows that the Senior Pastor and his wife have been good to us on all fronts. My wife  and I have been attending this church. I am writing this in pain as I can not imagine anyone talking ill against this man of God who is so humble to a fault in this capacity.

I am not writing this piece to defend anyone but to tell the public what I know about the Parish (There is no such thing as encouraging women to inflict pains on their husband - as this will prevent the growth of the Church) - The best way to grow a church is to have stable and united families in your congregation.

This report is unfounded, baseless and evil. I know the Senior Pastor to be a sincere person and there is so much love between him and his wife. They have been married for well over 20 years. The Pastor's wife can't make 5 sentences without talking about her husband. He has a deep compassion for the widows and the single mothers and  reaches out to them in a unique way. Encouraging those that would still like to get married, apart from praying for and supporting financially. The Pastor at Jubilee Church and his wife are trying their best to support the youth, singles, married, the elderly in church and the work of the ministry they have been called to do.

I have to be in most of the women meetings for media coverage as a volunteer; so I have heard the teachings to our wives. There are also recordings of such programme available to listen to from the Church bookshop. Anyone who has been taught by Jubilee church that wives must ill-treat their husbands for whatever reason should come forward with proof. I dare  you to.

Silence is not weakness; that the Senior Pastor isn't saying anything as at yet is not enough reason to conclude that the report published by PUNCH yesterday 14 July 2014 is true. I know him, he may not say anything about it. He has enough responsibilities to face than rather focus on scandal from the media. Whenever you see a man that will not fight for himself, he is a dangerous person to offend. I know we are in the last days but let us be careful and not be seen to help the devil achieve his aim by talking ill of God's servants and the church.


This is not an avenue to advertise the church but to refute the allegations levelled against her. I use this medium to appeal to the lady in question to come out and tell us her side of the story. God hates divorce and the church doesn't encourage wives to ill-treat their husbands as claimed by Ayadi Moniaye. My prayer is for you to come back together as husband and wife and live happily. Marriage requires two people coming together to work out your differences and make each other happy. There are various challenges that arise but the key is to be united and work it out. This isn't a personal attack but to inform the public of what I know about the said church.

No comments:

Post a Comment