Wednesday 10 February 2016

Andy Murray's wife gives birth to a girl

Tennis star Andy Murray's wife Kim Sears has given birth to an 8lb 10oz girl, who arrived on Sunday morning.
The couple were married in Murray's home town of Dunblane last April and announced the pregnancy in the summer.
Confirming the news, the tennis star's agent said: "Andy and Kim had a daughter in the early hours of Sunday morning and the family are doing well."
Shirley Erskine, Andy Murray's grandmother said she was delighted at her great granddaughter's arrival.
Andy's mother Judy tweeted a photograph of Andy Murray's gold post box in Dunblane which has been adorned with pink ribbons, with the words "Dunblane baby love.......xxx".
The post box was painted gold when Andy won the gold medal at the London Olympics.
She later tweeted another picture of tennis balls and a dummy, with the caption "Tennis family #cute".

In the run-up to last month's Australian Open, Murray, said his family would be a "priority".
The world number two made it clear that he would have cut short his first grand slam of the year and flown home if the baby had arrived earlier than expected.
He said: "My child is more important to me, and my wife is more important to me, than a tennis match.
"It's a big change for me and my wife, but that's the current priority and I'll see after that.
"I have no idea how that will change things. I still love tennis."
Congrats to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment